Find a USA Dealer
What is the Marine Industry Dealer Certification (MIDC) Program?
The MIDC Program is a nationwide marine initiative to establish marine dealer business processes that deliver excellence in the purchase and ownership experience for boat customers. It is supported by the National Marine Manufacturers Association, the Marine Retailers Association of America, and many marine manufacturers and suppliers, including Tracker Marine Group. The program is administered by an independent organization that helps dealers implement customer-centered processes through training and an annual on-site certification visit.
What does it take to become a "Certified Dealer?"
A marine dealer is required to demonstrate specific levels of quality measures in various areas within his business. This undertaking requires the dealer to examine and document their business processes, and modify them as needed to meet the program's established industry standards. The administrator also conducts a physical inspection at the dealership to ensure the specified requirements are met. There is a cost associated with becoming certified, so dealers do have a vested interest in meeting the standards.
What is the benefit to me, as a consumer?
The program was developed specifically with the customer in mind. A Certified Dealer is better equipped to provide you with the tools, procedures, personnel and facilities to ensure a positive experience throughout the purchase and ownership cycle. Dealers that take the extra efforts and investment to become certified are stating their commitment to excellence to their customers.
The Marine Industry Consumer Bill of Rights
Our dealership subscribes to the Marine Industry Dealer Certification standards established to insure that your boating experience is as enjoyable as possible. This includes adhering to a Consumer Bill of Rights. Should we fail to live up to any of these commitments, please let us know so that we can address the matter immediately. Our goal is to enhance your boating experience by providing trained, friendly employees, quality products, and reliable services.
You have the right to:
- The assistance of a capable and knowledgeable sales consultant
- Advertising and representations are truthful and factual
- A written disclosure of all details associated with a purchase
- An explanation of the proper usage and operation of products
- Products properly prepared, inspected and tested before delivery
- The delivery of new products as scheduled
- An explanation of all maintenance requirements and schedules established for your product
- An explanation and written copies of warranties on all products and major components
- The explanation of maintenance/repair plans including estimated repair time and cost
- An itemized list of all charges (both warranty and retail) with thorough explanation
- Prior approval of changes in repair costs or additional charges should they occur
- Maintenance/repair work done right the first time by knowledgeable trained technicians
- Maintenance/repair work completed when promised
- Timely notice of changes in service delivery time if delays are experienced in repair completion
- Inspect replaced/damaged components upon presentation of the invoice/work order
- Fair, open and honest treatment without discrimination
- Respectful, professional and accurate responses to all product questions and requests
- Privacy and confidentiality of customer records
- Voice any concerns, directly with our management team, if we fail to fulfill our commitments or meet your expectations